Friday, July 23, 2010

D.I. (Literally) Y

Photobucket

We've lived in these new digs for a year now and our living room has always been empty. I decided to spruce it up one weekend while Marc was out of town. I'm sure that you probably don't care about all the details of how it came to pass, nor do I care to write it all. So,here are the pictures of my design on a dime.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This actually works! We have loved listening to my mom and dad's old Johnny Cash and Simon and Garfunkel records!

Photobucket
How do you describe this color? Heath pinned it down as "the color of infection."

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Special Thanks to:
Heath, my brother in law, who was my designer and consultant through this project
Mark, my neighbor, who painted the wall for me at 10:00 p.m. Sunday night (with paint that he supplied himself!) I love the color!
Torrey, Mark's wife, for chatting with me while we watched her husband paint the wall
Mark & Torrey for donating the black rug to my cause
Ikea for making "infection colored" fabric, so I could make pillows to match the chairs
The 70's for building furniture that lasts and has given my room a total Retro Throw Back!

13 comments:

ashley said...

What a clever blog title and even more clever refinishing! Gosh, we could all use a little Heath in our homes! Good work! I could only attempt such a scheme, but we all know it would turn out disastrous!

Annika said...

Love it! You are seriously so talented.

Leesa said...

ok so you are seriously gifted my dear! i would have seen those pieces and thought JUNK but you turned them into something beautiful! i guess you cant really judge a book by its cover [my mom tried to use this line on me during my teens and i used to want to throw up... but i believe it to be true now :)]
PLEASE come decorate my house now or at least teach me how to be creative :)
LOVE all the colors and choices!! A.m.A.z.I.n.G!!!

Torrey said...

LOVE everyting.. You did such a gret job tying it all together. The record player and new lamps are my favorites. I'll have to come see the finished pillows and mirror. Thanks for the "shout out" ... however I think you can take credit for the whole project. Nice work!

Jenn said...

Woah! A new addition to your house? I am going to have to come visit again....

da Silva Family said...

Holy cow...I'm so impressed!!! I love what you did!!

Paul or Lindsay said...

Inspiring! I've been scanning the D.I. ever since you told me you were doing this (and not for scouting pants...do you remember that?). It looks fantastic!

Amy said...

It looks amazing!! You make me sick with your endless talent. I love the comments about Ikea supplying the 'infection' colored fabric.

Heath said...

Looks like a groovin' retro-modern pad! You did a great job, and you are BRAVE! All of your hard work payed off, and best of all...you have a renewed love for DI! The rest of the decorating world has a new color to add to their pallet...infection green...or more commonly called "puss".

Can't wait to see the next room...

Stephanie Taylor said...

Oh Hiacinth!

McKell said...

It turned out so Great! I can't wait to see it for reals. :)

Michelle said...

Amazing! It turned out so great!

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

You already know how much I love this room, but I thought I should put it in writing! Also, the pictures you got taken of Griff are absolutely to die for! Could he be any more adorable? Um, NO!