Wednesday, July 7, 2010

South Family Campout

Last weekend the South family reserved a site at the Heber Valley Camp. There are A LOT of us and the accomodations were perfect for such a big group!
It was a weekend of firsts for Griffin. When we got to camp on Friday night we headed to Legacy Lake and went for a paddle boat ride.

Griff was not enjoying the life jacket at first, but can you blame him? I mean look at him... it's like Grandma Oli at Lake Powell all over again! If anyone in my family read this they would agree but I don't think any of them do.


As you can see, when we got going he loved it! It was a fun new adventure!


Later that night we sat by the fire and roasted marshmallows and I begged Griffin to pretend to be a cuddly baby again and fall asleep in my arms. He finally did after a couple of hours and it made my whole night. Nothing better than a warm, little baby sleeping in your arms!



The next day we did the little ropes course that they have at Heber Valley. It was fun! Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
And this little angel just hung out with us and finally dosed off.




What better way to cool off than with a popsicle? This was Griff's first try and he wasn't too sure about how cold it was.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Cort said...

This is awesome, I love your outfit and Griff's hair and his smile. He's going to be soooo fun in Canada!

VA Bradshaws said...

looks like a lot of fun! you guys were so close to us and we didn't even know it. you probably passed our house on your way up to the camp. i can't believe how big griffin is getting..and i've never even seen him in person. we definitely need to get together before we move to the other side of the country.

Stephanie Taylor said...

The Grandma Ollie comment is spot on! I can hear her yelling right now... " GULP...SHRIEK....You tried to drown me!" or "Mick! I think Megan's blood sugar is low...she sure is grumpy!" Ah...good times, I miss her. I do love your plaid shirt - very cute. XOXO

Jo said...

Looks like fun.