Saturday, July 17, 2010

Proud to be an American...... Forker

Photobucket

Nothing like the Bank of AF pig balloon and an American Flag to make you feel patriotic, right?

Last weekend was American Fork Steel Days and I really wasn't planning on attending any of the festivities since the Lehi Round-up just about did me in. But my dear friends McKell and Michelle were running the 5k so I thought I'd join them. This is the first race that I have run since I had Griffin and it was so fun especially to be running with my friends!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cute Girls after the Race

My brother and dad were in the parade with the mule team and wagon. My mom and I went to watch and on the way there Griff fell asleep in the carseat, but that didn't last long once the fire trucks came. Luckily my dad was at the beginning of the parade so we didn't have to hang out too long in the heat.
Photobucket Photobucket
That's right, we left right after they drove past and I think people were annoyed. I even heard a lady say, "They're not staying to see the band?" Sorry to disrespect lady, but I saw plenty of the band when I was marching behind them with the drill team and trying to get my groove on to "Come, Come Ye Saints." Plus, I've had my fill of parades, aight!

That night Griffin and I went over to my mom and dad's to watch THE fireworks and have root beer floats. Although they started kinda late I thought that they were awesome this year! Maybe they were a little extra special to me because I could have possibly been second -hand- high from the neighbors who were smokin' doobies over the fence. Classy! Either way, it was fun!Photobucket
Just look at how much fun my dad is having! There's nothing like watching fireworks in your own backyard, in your bathrobe!
Photobucket
Griffin got his first taste of a root beer float and he LOVED IT! I couldn't keep it coming fast enough!

5 comments:

da Silva Family said...

I'm so proud of you guys for running the 5K!! I wish I could have done it too!

Cort said...

Ok, Griffin does look like Mic. AND I've NEVER seen Mic look so happy, was he getting some doobie fumes? is that why Griffing had the root beer float munchiles?

Stephanie Taylor said...

I love the new blog look! Dad in his bathrobe is nice...

Paul or Lindsay said...

Oh, the memories. The fireworks was one of the first events I witnessed at the Miller home. Glad the neighbors made this year extra special. I think Griffin does look a little like Mick. And the bathrobe, well, that's just something else.

Emily said...

I'm so proud of you my little runner! I think you should run on out to VA to see me! I miss you! I can't wait to see lil' Griff, he's so big! Love you!