Thursday, August 5, 2010

We're a Little Bit Country

Photobucket This year for pioneer day we had the funnest family party ever! We all "camped" in my sister Missy's backyard.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

The next morning a few of us did the Mona 5k. This was one of the most interesting races that I have run. At the start a lady stood up in front of us and gave us some instructions that went something like this:
"OK, so yer gonna go down the street here and at the tree with the dog under it you'll turn left. Then you'll go a little ways until you come to a gate and then you'll be on a dirt path for a little bit... but don't worry you'll get back on the road in a minute... and then at Nyla's house yer gonna turn right and I'm real sorry that it ends goin' uphill but Mona is built on a hill so it's kinda hard."
Photobucket
After the race we went to the local parade and then headed out for lunch and then ice cream at the red barn in Santaquin.
Photobucket
We spent the afternoon just lounging and preparing for our shishkabob extravaganza that was to come later that night!
Photobucket
Photobucket
After stuffing ourselves we moved on to the nights activities. I got a bruise from the kick on this little beauty, but I didn't ever hit one of the skeet... Marc on the other hand was pretty good! And Kent got the award for best dressed!
Photobucket
Games came next
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then the entertainment
Photobucket
And finally, my favorite, the dessert! Missy made all of these patriotic petits fours herself and surprised us all! They were beautiful and delicious!
Photobucket
And we ended the night with a fabulous fireworks show and sparklersPhotobucket

Thanks for all of your hard work Marbles! We had a blast and can't wait until next year!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Cort said...

This was such a fun post! I really felt like I was totolly reading and looking through a Country Living magazine, only way better because this time I know everyone! Looks awesome.

Leesa said...

that looks like so much fun!!
can i be you PLEASE!! you are BEAUTIFUL!!

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Sounds like a blast! You Millers sure know how to throw a party.

Rachel said...

All of my small town dreams just came true with this post. I love it!

Natalie said...

I LOVE the 5k instructions. That made me laugh really hard.

Stephanie Taylor said...

It truly was the most fun a person could have in Mona, Utah! It was the best 24th ever. The Kabob-BQ was the bomb- better than a nautical boofey! XOXO

Jo said...

It kind of makes me sick that you look so good after a 5k. What kind of person ARE you??? ;-) And the instructions. Did you find the tree with the dog ok?

Paul or Lindsay said...

I want to be a Miller. I had heard the 5K instructions before on our run, but I laughed again, not nearly as hard as I laughed at the drunk neighbor though. You forgot to tell me that part of the Mona adventure. I've been out of town and lame, but let's start running again. Morning, nights, whenever.