Monday, December 26, 2011

It's that time of year...

...when there is a party around every corner! So here is our month in party pictures, and very important commentary, so listen up!

We started our partying with Marc's company party. It was "semi-formal" and included one free drink and dinner. They failed to mention that there would be a DJ and dance floor. What a nice surprise?! The DJ got bored when no one was dancing so he just sang into his microphone along with all of the songs that he was playing. But you'll never guess what song it was that did get people up to dance. Well, I'll tell you, it was the "Electric Slide." It was very much like "Thriller" from 13 Going on 30. Hilarious!
Photobucket
Too bad that most of the people Marc work with didn't stop after their one free drink. We heard that the party got more interesting after we left... because everyone continued to get more drunk. There was even dancing on tables. Man, too bad we didn't stick around for that!

Next we had the Thompson Orthodontics party at La Jolla Groves.
Photobucket
We had a yummy dinner and Dr. T gave a super cute gift boxes.

Photobucket
Maybe I just think that they were super cute, because I put them together and got to pick out all the stuff that went in them. I made 10 of these things. Did I mention that I have the best job ever?

The next partay was a couples party at the Bishop's. We had an absolute blast! The food was fabulous, the decor was darling and the friends were so so so fun!
Photobucket

Rein-beer, so cute!
Photobucket

We did a white elephant gift exchange where Marc and I totally scored!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's our whole group with our shwag
Photobucket

Next we moved onto the minute to win it games. So stinking funny!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These facial expressions are fantastic!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is Mark and darling little Hadley both decked out in their Holiday gitup
Photobucket

Now the invitation said to "wear something festive, use your imagination. Raf and Claudia were so creative as "Grandma got ran over by a Reindeer." I love it!
Photobucket

We tried not to disappoint with our festiveness.
Photobucket

And here are our fabulous and festive host and hostess for the party. And boy do they know how to throw a great party. We had so much fun and I have not eaten that much or laughed that hard in such a long time! I really think they should host us once a month! They were just so good at it! Thanks Mark and Torrey for such a fun night! (and all the great pictures!)
Photobucket


Next we move on to our family parties. Heath and Steph had my family up for the Miller family party. Griffin loves to go to Aunt Steph's because she has tons of awesome cars!
Photobucket

Photobucket

We put together a care package for my nephew who just left the MTC for the Des Moines, Iowa mission. We are so proud and here is his pround momma, Jill.
Photobucket

My amazing sister, Steph, is always a wonderful hostess who is constantly making sure that everyone is taken care of, before worrying about herself.
Photobucket

Griff fueling up with some juice so he has more energy to play with the cars
Photobucket

Marc and I got to be Mary and Joseph and Luke was Baby Jesus for a short and sweet little nativity. It still made me bawl.
Photobucket

Marc is such a ladies man
Photobucket
My sweet Momma made all of us girls an apron and gave us the book, "The Christmas Apron." It is a very sweet story about the importance of family. My mom amazes me every year with the wonderful homemade projects that she comes up with.
Photobucket

Baby Nuke did not want to miss out on any of the action and managed to stay awake all night until he finally crashed in his dad's arms about 3 minutes before we went home.
Photobucket
Another wonderful party with wonderful hosts, lots of yummy food and wonderful family.

And last, but certainly not least, the South family party. Always a good time with this group. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera that night but I got this group picture from Marc's sister Ashlee.
Photobucket
We did a cereal exchange. So fun, and the Reese's Puffs were a hit! Again, wonderfully delicious food, fantastic hosts and amazing time with family!


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are the party animals! I do love the elf outfits - that is fantastic. And the Cereal exchange is a great idea! Let's do that next year.

Lindsay said...

You guys are so fun. Did you tell Dalton that 8 year-olds can't go on missions? (That's how I remember him!)

You ask how I look the way I do...um seriously? My secret lately has been chocolate all the time, at every meal. I so need some motivation. I sure wish I were there to wake up at 6 and meet you at the temple, for a run...or a brisk walk! I'm old.

Torrey said...

I'm so happy you enjoyed our party. It wouldn't have been as fun without you guys there. I'm super excited to see how you look with all 3 bumpits in.