Saturday, December 31, 2011

And So This is Christmas

I am totally NOT Bah Humbug, but we didn't put up a Christmas tree this year. Reasons being that Marc worked every single day from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve and I couldn't get it out of the storage by myself. Also, glass ornaments and Griffin certainly would not mix. I'll be sure to get some shatterproof ornaments before next years festivities.
So here is where our presents were presented.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We had a great morning! Griffin, however, doesn't like to open presents. "No paper, no presents." He would run and hide behind the chair when we tried to get him to open them. So we would take the paper off and then he was excited saying, "open it, open it!" And then while Marc or I was trying get the toys out of the darn twist ties/screws that kept them in the box, Griff would stand there and say, "Thank you! Thank you Dada, Thank you Mama!" over and over again. The more excited he got, the higher pitched his little voice got. It was pretty adorable.
Luke, on the other hand, loved the paper and boxes and his flashy new toy that lights up and makes music.
Photobucket
I love to see Griffin get down on the floor and play with Luke. It makes me so happy!
Photobucket
So, I'm pretty sure that this wrapping idea is gonna be a hit coming up on Pinterest. Not only is it very eye pleasing, we're going "green" people! All you need are a few used sheets of road construction plans and some white duct tape! I love my husband and his awesome creativity!
Photobucket

And it doesn't stop there! Rather than a stocking, I got a soccer sock filled with all kinds of great loot!
Photobucket
After the boys all napped we headed over to my parents for dinner with the Miller fam.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Papa ElfPhotobucket

We had our very own little Christmas miracle. Luke pooped! It had been 17 days since his last poop! Overshare, I know! And yes I know that's not normal, but for my boys it really is and I have taken them to the doctor and they are really ok, so please don't think I'm a bad mom. But he decided to wait until he was dressed in his cutest Christmas clothes to blow it all out so he had to wear the reserve outfit all day.
Photobucket

Hiding out in the corner planning his next scheme of mischief making...
Photobucket

Making humanitarian hygiene kits
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is the family model all the way up from Mona! Work it Miss!
Photobucket

My beautiful Momma and her Bee themed gift from me
Photobucket

We never got a family photo with all of us that day so this is the best I could do!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Natalie said...

You have an adorable family! Yeah, I had one kid that would go 3 weeks without pooping, and the doctors would constantly reassure me that it was normal for some kids, so no judgment here. Your bee gift for your Mom is so so cute. What a crafty gal you are!

Stephanie said...

Excellent Christmas Post! I see you've been using Instagram! Very cool photo effects. Ah another Christmas has come and gone - treasure these little footie jammies - they look silly once they about 6. Such sweet boys and a darling mama too. XOXO

Jo said...

You crack me up. I just updated myself on your life and laughed the whole time. 17 days?? Grant has 2-3 a DAY. Our kids need to get together and maybe they'd just even out...