Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ashley's Baby Shower

First, let's start with a little blast from the past. I met my dear friend Ashley while working at Alpine Dental Care approximately 6-7 years ago. She, Cort and I have had some super fun times together. Here we are on Ashley's wedding day 5 1/2 years ago.

Photobucket

She moved away to Colorado and we would make a point to get together when she was in town.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Now she is living in Arizona and is pregnant with her first baby. I was so excited to help her mom plan her baby shower.

I was in charge of the decor. Thank you pinterest for giving me so many fun ideas. I spent many hours making the decorations and several of my fingerprints became victims to the hot glue gun. Ashley gave me the color scheme that she had in mind for her nursery and I went with that.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This little crepe paper rose ball was another pinterest find. Soooo time consuming and not a good idea to start this project at 11 pm. I also made the "subway art" that I centered around this sweet little new bundle.
Photobucket

I switched out the ribbon in Lukie's bassinet to go with our color scheme and to make a perfect gift collector.
Photobucket

The favor boxes were filled with hugs and kisses. Thank you to my mom and sister who helped me put these together.
Photobucket

Photobucket
This little momma couldn't possibly open gifts without a proper crown! My crown making skills could use some work...

Photobucket

Everything turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! The best part is that she is planning to use all of the decor in the nursery, so it isn't all just a waste! The shower had a wonderful turn out and this baby made a haul! I can't wait to meet this new little bundle when she gets here!

This last picture is a replica of a picture that we took on my last day of work at Alpine Dental... I can't find the original and my two friends here are apparently too busy to send me their copy. But who doesn't enjoy a good pyramid, especially with a pregnant lady on top?!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness, you should start your own party decor/ decorating business. You'd make a haul!!!! So Cute!

a.parke said...

THANK YOU TAHNK YOU!!!!!
This was the BEST shower ever. And Im not just saying that because it was for me :) I cant
wait to hang everthing up.
You are such a good friend for putting all this together. I miss you so much! I wish I had your skills.

Torrey said...

WOW! Those decorations turned out Amazing!! You are one talented lady! Nice work!