Monday, August 27, 2012

Rivalry Relay

I had a total blast running the Rivalry Relay with my friend Kayla and a team of awesome, hilarious and tough little ladies!  There were 6 of us and one sweet husband who drove our fanny's from exchange point to aid station and all through the race!  The race started at the University of Utah and ended in Provo near BYU.  We each ran 3 legs over the course of race.  I was lucky enough to get the first leg, starting at 6:00 a.m.  My favorite time to run! 

Photobucket
Kayla and Me before the race began.
Photobucket
Hillary and I stretching between exchange points
Photobucket
Here is Brian, Hillary's husband and our cheerleader/support driver!
Photobucket
It was such a fun experience.  If I could change one thing it would be the heat!  I do not like running when the sun is up.  The heat coming off the asphalt felt like it was burning through my shins.   That part was not fun!
Probably one of the most memorable parts of this race for me was when Griffin called and said, "MOM! I just went poop on da Toy- Wit!"  Ha!  Oh it made my day!  
Photobucket
Done, done, done, done, done and DONE!
Photobucket
Love this girl!
Photobucket
I could not have done this without the support of my man.  


Such a fun race!  I can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: