Thursday, June 30, 2011

Baby Luke is Here!

Luke Michael South
Born June 23, 2011
6 lbs. 14 oz 18.5 inches
Photobucket
So for those who want to know:
Luke was born 3 weeks and 1 day early
I started contracting at about 2:00 p.m.
Got to the hospital at 3:00p.m.
Monitor me for 1 hour
New Nurse (not very smart or confident) told me that I was just dehydrated and not in active labor and told me to drink some water
Contractions started coming faster and harder
Because I am now crying and shaking, New Nurse says, "Are you in a lot of pain? You LOOK like you're in labor." She has another nurse check me (because she couldn't tell) and I am at a 5+
They admit me and New Nurse tries to get an IV started so that I can get the epidural
Having major contractions about 2 minutes apart
New Nurse tries twice (my hand was bleeding everywhere)
I finally get the epidural and the anesthesiologist tells New Nurse that her IV job stinks and to try AGAIN! 3rd times the charm, now I just look like a domestic dispute victim
I start to feel GREAT! LOVE THE EPIDURAL!
Shift change: Yay! Loved this nurse!
Started pushing at 7:55 p.m.
Baby is facing up (a lot harder to push out)
Luke arrived at 8:30 SAFE AND SOUND!
Thank Heaven!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I'm so happy to not be pregnant anymore!
Photobucket

So happy to be going home!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Pretty sure you look way too GORGEOUS for just going through labor and then delivery!!

Congrats on baby Luke! He is a doll. ALMOST makes me baby hungry.....okay maybe not :)

Rachael said...

I am with Tiffany. You look way to hot to have just given birth. I was so gross and zitty and fat when I had Ollie. Luke is just perfect. Congratulations! I've already forgotten how tiny newborns are. My baby is getting too big! Oh and Ollie has that same little green outfit too. :)

Natalie said...

Congratulations on a perfect, adorable little babe! You look FANTASTIC, as always. I'm so sorry for your experiences with new nurse. I've had some dummies in my day.

Stephanie said...

Love this baby and love you! Good work sister. XOXO Steph

Zach & Lizzy said...

You look so beautiful!!! I hope I look as good as you right after giving birth. He is so precious and so perfect. I'm so happy I was able to come see you both. He is a doll. Congratulations!!!!

Jenn said...

Ah Lindsey! You have the cutest little boys. Enjoy your time with him...it always seems the veil is so thin while they are so small. Good luck!

Torrey said...

We are THRILLED for you and we already love baby Luke. I still can't believe how put together you already are after just having a baby a week and a half ago. You are my motherhood hero and I'm excited to have you close by to learn from you ;) Love you guys!

Jo said...

You and your small babies and fast labors. Jealous. ;-) Congrats though. He's super cute. Good work.