Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What is Up

Griffin LOVES fire trucks so on Memorial Day we went to the American Fork Fireman's Breakfast. Griffin loved being able to get close to the truck and said "Fire Truck" about 1000 times, followed by "Weee ooo weee ooo weee ooo" (his sound for the siren.)

Photobucket

Photobucket
The food on the other hand... well I'm pretty sure that I've never eaten so many calories for so cheap. Nuff said. We picked up my dad and took him with us. He saw so many people that knew him and would come and say, "hi" and as soon as they would walk away he would say, "I don't know who that was." It was pretty funny.

Marc has been spending every spare second that he has getting the backyard ready for sod.
Photobucket

Finally, last Saturday, it stopped raining long enough to get it done!
Photobucket
We had the best help! Our neighbors just showed up to help, and Marc's dad and my family were a huge help too. The sod got to our house at 7:00 a.m. and they were done by 9:30 a.m! Thank you for all of your help!
Photobucket
I will get a better picture but for now here's a preview of our new greenery!
Photobucket

Sunday was so beautiful so we went up Provo Canyon to soak up some sunshine.
Photobucket
We ended up at Bridal Veil Falls. The river is so high right now! We were brave and walked through the little stream at the bottom of the falls. Griffin wasn't happy about the freezing water, but he had a great time throwing rocks into the stream.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It was such a beautiful day!
Photobucket

Photobucket
We're getting closer! 34 weeks!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay! Your yard got put in before baby came and you didn't even have to clone Marc! I know you were worried about it, and it looks great. What I wouldn't give for a large fenced in yard!

You still look great too, btw.

Natalie said...

I'll say it again, it's not fair that you look so fabulous! I have no idea where you find your fashionable maternity wear.

Zach & Lizzy said...

You look fantastic and SO darling!! I agree with the comment above you have a darling maternity wardrobe. I think you need to help me out :) Your yard looks great!!

Jenn said...

Wow your sod looks so nice. Congrats! Now Griffin can have somewhere to play while you put your feet up and relax...right? Ha. You look fabulous!

Stephanie said...

Yard - Done! Nursery - Done! (Where the pictures). Mama- Almost Done! Hang in there! You look very fashionable. XOXO

Jo said...

We drove by the other day to check out your sod. It does indeed look great. Way to go!!! And I agree with everyone that you must share your maternity wardrobe secrets with us. And I also want to see nursery pics.