Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Luke at Home

Things got off to a rough start at home for Luke. His Bilirubin level was high so he had to be under the lights. We started out with just the Bili blanket for one day but his level still went up so they moved us on the suitcase. After 3 days on the lights and 4 days of heel pokes he was finally able to get out. I hated having his little naked body in there. It made me so sad that I had to just watch him lay there when I should be holding and bonding with him. It was heart breaking. I am grateful for the technology that we have that keeps our babies healthy and safe though.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Griffin came to visit us at the hospital but wasn't interested in his brother at all. I said, "Griffin, do you want to come see the baby?" and he said, " NO, bye baby."

When we brought Luke home, Griffin decided to take a little more interest. At first Griffin would imitate every little squeak or grunt that Luke would make. It was pretty funny. When we let Griffin hold him he started out by poking his eyes...
Photobucket
then his nose...
Photobucket
then his lips...
Photobucket
and then his head.
Photobucket
Finally, he decided to give him a hug. I love my boys! Luke is gonna be tough. Griffin pulls Luke's blankets off and throws toys or pretty much anything that he can find over the side of the bassinet. Brotherly love, right? He makes up for being naughty by saying, "Cute Baby Luke."
Photobucket

My dad recently had his knee replaced and is recovering at a care center in Orem. Grandpa was excited to meet his new grandson. He called me to check on Luke everyday until he got to meet him.
Photobucket

It is so nice to be home and have everybody under the same roof. Marc has been back to work and I have been able to handle being a mother of two pretty well. We even made a quick trip to Walmart and made it back home in one piece. I was worried!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so glad to hear that your cute little man was able to get out of those nasty lights. Damon had a problem with it too but at that time there wasn't any suitcase. Technology is awesome!

How fun to have such cute little boys! They are absolutely adorable. Congrats, cutie!

Paul or Lindsay said...

Glad you're doing so well. You looked way to good to have a newborn the other day, and your house was spotless. I want to be you someday!

Zach & Lizzy said...

Your little boys are so stinking adorable!! You have the cutest family ever and you are such a sweet little mamma. I'm so happy for you guys.