Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Feels Like Home

Finally, after living in our house for almost two years it is starting to feel like a home! This summer we have finally been able to work on our yard and it makes such a huge difference!
Photobucket
I have always wanted a porch to hang bunting from. I've kinda gone a little crazy with my patriotic-ness!
Photobucket

Griffin loves the porch too. It's a great place to practice climbing..
Photobucket

and to play with cars...
Photobucket

and to practice yoga!
Photobucket

Now on to the backyard. Here is the before...
Photobucket

And after!
Photobucket

These pictures are from last summer when Marc was building the deck.
Photobucket

He designed it himself and it was a lot of work! We are grateful for Marc's dad and Brother Jeff who came and helped with the finishing touches.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And TaDa! Isn't it beautiful! It is so fun to come out here and relax!
Photobucket

Photobucket
I love the stairs and the bench. Marc is so talented and creative! I need to get some flowers in that planter box...
Photobucket
Marc got a firepit for Father's Day and we've added it to the circle. We tried it out tonight for the first time and it is wonderful! You should come hang out with us... or at least use us for our smores!

5 comments:

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Truly lovely, Miller! I wish my backyard was even half as big as yours. Plus, how would it be to have such a big deck?! But I'll try not to covet. And, yes, I would love to abuse you for your smores. Please have us over any old time.

Lakyn Marie said...

Ah I love it! Your house looks beautiful. I can't wait to see you in about....3 whole weeks eek! :D I hope baby come fast!!! Love ya, miss you

Natalie said...

It looks AWESOME! Your house is beautiful.

Zach & Lizzy said...

I love it!!! It is SO beautiful and I love your darling fourth of July flags!! You guys have done a awesome job :) I wish we lived close and we would come have s'mores!! I LOVE s'mores!!

Lindsay said...

I'm always up for some smores, and I'm not the least bit surprised that it looks as beautiful as it does. Like my mom used to say, "You've really got a knack for these kinds of things!"

AND...I'm eagerly awaiting baby pics, but I understand that blogging is the last thing on your mind right now!