Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ya Ya Night

Once in a while my mom, sisters, nieces and I get together for a girls night. We start out with some yummy food and then we do a craft project of some sort.
This time we had it at the Queen Mother's house. She filled our bellies with yummy soup and we were ready to craft!
Photobucket
My wonderful friend McKell gave me a darling dishtowel for a Christmas present. Then I turned around and made six of them for my mom for Christmas. Everyone loved them and wanted to make their own so that's how this ya ya night came about. Thanks for inspiring us McKell!

Photobucket
Apparently I'm a horrible instructor because I just like to read the instructions and then eyeball things and figure out what looks best as I go... well, that's not how this group of crazy perfectionists operate. They hated me for not have exact step by step instructions with precise measurements. Oh well, they still turned out great!
Photobucket
They are "Stay Put" towels that tie around your oven handle so that your kids and husband can't pull them off and drop them on the floor! Brilliant!
Photobucket
Since Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday I went red and pink fabric, which also just happen to be my favorite colors!

Photobucket
Here it is in action! Fabulous!

6 comments:

jmemay said...

Oh, I LOVE it!! I am feeling inspired to sew! Looks like you all had a great, fun night... and P.S. you look FANTASTIC :)

Zach & Lizzy said...

I love these!! They are darling :) your so talented!

Stephanie Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie Taylor said...

We all look so cute! You were a great instructor and I love you for having patience with the more perfect people in our family - Jill, not me! I'm with you on the eyeball it and go for it line of thinking. XOXO! Let's do it again!

Paul or Lindsay said...

Miller, I need lessons. Really, could you teach me how to sew? Also, you do look great! We need to get together one of these days. I always say that, but this time I mean it!!

da Silva Family said...

love the towels...I wanted to make some more too! And you look so beautiful. You definitely have a beautiful glow!!