Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was the best we've ever had. We fed the homeless at the Road Home Shelter in Salt Lake. Marc's brother organized the whole thing and we all helped. We started out by getting donations of food and money. Once we had everything we needed, we split up the food assignments and brought it all together to serve on Thanksgiving day. We were in charge of the cooking four turkeys. Marc set the alarm for 3am to start cooking these birdies. Thank goodness for double ovens!

When we got to the shelter we put everything together. I was the gravy lady.


Marc helped make the stuffing... outside, it was FREEZING!

Dinner was served! We didn't really keep track but we estimate that we fed around 150-175 people.

We had a lot of rolls, pies, soda and butter left over. We donated everything to the people and the shelter.

One of my favorite things is that we were so busy that I didn't stuff myself like I normally would! Normally, I eat my weight in mashed potatoes and then I'm miserable for the rest of the day.

It was an awesome experience and I would do this again in a heartbeat! I am so grateful for all that I am blessed with, especially my wonderful family and amazing in-laws! Thanks so much Steph for keeping Griff for us so that we could do this! I am also thankful for all of the generous donations from our friends. Without thier help, this wouldn't have been possible.

2 comments:

Paul or Lindsay said...

That's awesome! You Souths have huge hearts.

Zach & Lizzy said...

This is so awesome Lindsey!! What a wonderful way to celebrate Thanksgiving :)