Sunday, November 21, 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods...

Photobucket
My perfect, loving, sweet and amazing grandma passed away on November 11th. We went down to Blanding this week to celebrate and remember her wonderful life. She was a righteous woman who didn't go a day in her life without finding someone who she could serve. She made each and every one of her 8 children, 38 grandchildren 39 great-grandchildren feel like we were her favorite. Her example of Christ-like service is one that I will surely try to follow.
Photobucket
This home is so full of memories for me. It was so hard to pull into town and drive up the hill and know that Grandma wasn't there. All of my aunts, uncles and cousins gathered to go through pictures and share memories of Grandma. Her funeral was a beautiful celebration of the wonderful life that she lived.
Blanding is in South-Eastern Utah. It is surrounded by absolutely beautiful country. We made a few pit stops on our way home to take it all in.

Photobucket
First stop was Newspaper Rock covered in petroglyphs that date back to 2,000 years ago. It's pretty awesome! Then we were off to The Needles overlook. It was really windy and cold so we bundled up and did a little exploring.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

This darling boy just clapped and gabbed everywhere that we went!
Then we were off to Moab and Dead Horse Point where it was even COLDER and WINDIER than the last place. Griffin was double bundled and we pulled out the lamb jacket... look at these cute little ears just flappin in the wind.
Photobucket


Photobucket

The view was breathtaking!


Photobucket

Photobucket
And again, more clapping!
We enjoyed our little roadtrip and Griffin was a little angel for the whole trip.
I am so grateful that my Grandma and mom lived in such a beautiful part of the state so that I have had the opportunity to visit it. I am sad that my sweet Grandma isn't here anymore but I am so happy that she lived a long, happy life and that she is back with her sweetheart after 14 years. What a sweet reunion!

7 comments:

Cort said...

I LOVE kids that LOVE the outdoors! He's so awesome! Also, since you've told me all about your grandma, you've inspired me to be better too! I'm not sure if I have journaling in me but service I can do. Thanks for the movtivation.

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Sorry about your Grams, but glad that it was such an uplifiting event for all the family. Great pictures of your exploring, too. You, might I add, look especially beautiful in the one...but what's new.

Zach & Lizzy said...

Lindsey,
It sounds like your grandma lived a wonderful life :) What an amazing woman. You and Marc are just darling as ever. Miss you lots. xoxo

Stephanie Taylor said...

Grandma is awesome and so are you sister! It was a wonderful week and I'll miss her, but so glad she kept a journal - I started writing in mine again too. Hopefully some day my kids will think my daily garb was inspiring and not dreadfully boring. Grandma is an inspiration to make it inspiring! Love ya! XOXO

Paul or Lindsay said...

I'm so sorry you lost grandma blick. I only remember meeting her one time, but what a cute lady she was! My goal in life is to have a celebration funeral. And very cute pictures of your little man!

Natalie said...

So sorry about your Grandma. It's hard to lose grandparents. May I just say that your little guy's blue eyes and grin are to die for! He's too cute!

da Silva Family said...

I'm so sorry for your loss but glad that you guys were able to make the most of it. It's nice to get together with family and remember the fun memories. You look beautiful!