Monday, December 6, 2010

Not Quite Clark...

I had to beg Marc to put lights on the house. He had lots of excuses, but finally gave in to my begging. This is how it went.

Does this electrical mess make you nervous? I was a little worried! The plug on the lights was on the opposite side of the power for our house so Marc just reversed it... no big deal.




Griffin and Ruka enjoyed watching dad on the roof by sticking their heads out the window.

And finally, the finished product!
Photobucket
Now that it's done Marc is already talking about what he wants to do next year. Perhaps I'm creating a little Griswald after all. Meanwhile I was working away inside.

Photobucket

Not nearly as impressive or dangerous as the outside. No ladders were involved.

6 comments:

Paul or Lindsay said...

I'm impressed! Your tree looks so perfect, and you have a toddler! That's amazing. The lights look good too. We need to run the track at the 'ol LC one of these mornings. I'm thinking early Saturdays would work (I don't think I have to be a member then, right?).

da Silva Family said...

Everything looks so beautiful...I can't wait to see it all in person!

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Wow! Marc has quite the skill. I seriously would have thought they were done professionally; you can tell him that...it just might make him feel warm and special inside (as it should).

Leesa said...

remember how everytime i pull up your dang blog i get jealous... dang you! you are so talented! i love your house!! so so so beautiful! and yes that whole eletrical mess would make me a nervous wreck. im glad no hands or body parts got hurt during the hanging process! :)

Zach & Lizzy said...

Very darling! Great job Marc for doing such a fantastic job at the lights! Your home looks beautiful Lindsey!

Jo said...

LOVELY!! It looks beautiful.