Sunday, July 29, 2012

Timpanogos Half Marathon

I had the pleasure of roping my dear friend, McKell, into running a half marathon with me this summer.  It was her first and it was my first since having babies.  It was so fun to train together!  If I had not had a partner to wake up to run with each morning, I could not have done it!
My friends Shelley and Ricks also ran the race and I got in a few training runs with them as well.

Photobucket
McKell and I with a lovely backdrop of Honey Buckets, before the race started
Photobucket
Shelley, Ricks, Me and McKell before the race began.

The race started at Tibble Fork up American Fork Canyon and ran down to American Fork High School.  It was a beautiful and amazing route.  The last 3 miles were feeling really extra long so we kept each other entertained by taking turns naming cities A-Z, then celebrities, then family members.  Anything to keep our minds off of how hot and tired we were!

And finally we made it!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Check out these super sweet medals!
Photobucket
I kept telling McKell how sad I was that this was it.  We trained for so long and I told her that I was gonna miss seeing her every morning!
Photobucket
So grateful for the support of my family.  It meant so much to have them there.  My dad was even there on his bike, but he couldn't make it back past the finish line.  And Steph was there too, just taking the picture.
Photobucket
My sweet sister, Missy, brought me this awesome gift basket to rest and recoop after the race.
Photobucket
So that's just what I did!  It was awesome!
McKell, I can't thank you enough!  I had a blast and can't wait for the next one??? Come on, you know you want to...

No comments: