Monday, July 2, 2012

Luke's First Birthday

The last year has just flown by!  It was packed with fun and milestones and lots of sleepless nights!  Haha! 
Photobucket




Photobucket
Peek-a-Boo!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Of course we had to celebrate this special occasion for our little Nuker
Photobucket
I love a good theme!  I went with nautical because my neighbors love to sail and I knew that I could get lots of great decorations from them, hey I was trying to be thrifty!  I thought I would try designing my own announcements and decor so I took this opportunity to figure out how!  It was a fun learning experience!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Food!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Chocolate Chip Cookies (Chips Ahoy), Sea Salt Caramel Pretzels, Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Shrimp Dip and Sea Shell Pasta Salad

On the day of the party things got a little crazy.  Marc was working hard outside to get the yard ready.  We were planning to have the party in the back yard.  He had been mowing the lawn and cleaning up the deck and it was super hot that day.  Then I sent him to my parents to pick up tables and chairs.  He came home and the heat had really gotten to him and he got a migraine.

I still had so much to do and I kind of started to have a breakdown.  I got both the boys down for naps and went into turbo mode.  As I was walking through Walmart talking to my sister telling her that everything was going to be fine I started to bawl.  She jumped right in her car and came to my rescue.  Also, while I was at Walmart, my dear neighbor and friend, Mark B. came in my house and saw what a wreck it was and sent his amazing wife, Torrey (also obviously a dear friend) over to help me out!  Mark B. had already volunteered to make his amazing chocolate chip cookies for me weeks in advance.  While Torrey made all of the chocolate covered strawberries, Steph and her boys helped me put up the decorations, set up the food and get things organized.  Torrey also helped clean up and decorate after she finished the strawberries.  We were supposed to be in the backyard, but while trying to set up the shade tents the wind really picked up and a storm rolled in so we decided to set everything up inside.  So all of Marc's hard work in the heat was for nuthin'!  Those darn migraines!  But honestly, the party would not have happened without Steph and Torrey.  I would have just locked my door and sat in the corner and rocked!  Steph also stayed afterward and did dishes and helped clean up!  I could not have asked for more and I'll never be able to repay you sweet ladies!
And thank you Heath for taking all the photos!


Candy Buffet Favor Table
Photobucket

Photobucket
Gummy Sharks, Tootsie Buoys, Salt Water Taffy, Swedish Fish and Lifesavers
Photobucket


We were surrounded by our wonderful families to spoil our little guy!
Photobucket
Papa Mick
Photobucket
Cousin Carson
Photobucket
Uncle Brent, Aunt Ashlee & Baby

Marc came downstairs for a little bit and sat there in his migraine haze.  
Photobucket
Jake, Kirsten, Caice, Marc, Jeff and Savannah
Photobucket
Addie and Griffin
Photobucket
Mom and the Birthday Boy
Photobucket
The Smash Cake
Photobucket
Smashed!
Photobucket
Quick bath in the sink
Photobucket
Aaaah, much better!
Photobucket
Lots of fun gifts!
Photobucket

Photobucket
This guy is such a joy!  I don't even remember what life was like before he was here.  Luke and Griffin are already best buddies/ ultimate fighters!  We love our little Lukie, Luker, Lukachino!
Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

No comments: