Saturday, August 15, 2009

Zion August 2009



So it seams I end up in Zion at least once every year in August this year was no exception, though not with my normal group and not planning my normal down and back in a day and a half trip it was awesome. I was able to play the part of the good Uncle and take Jake with us and show him a few of the things I love about Zion.




I went with Joe Jacob his brother Don and my Nephew Jake. We had an awesome time had good food and made it home in one piece!




One of the best spots to cool off in Zion is in Pine Creek there is an awesome swimming hole that has about a 10 ft boulder to jump off of and other features.



This Video is how not to do this wall run


and this is how it should be done


We went down with the intention of getting permits for The Subway, but showed up at the permits desk and saw there was no hope for us, so we did the standard tourists hikes on Friday, Angels Landing and then hiked a few miles up the Narrows to cool off.








We did a nice little canyon just outside of Kannarrville that proved to be a fun little adventure that any family can do, including a nice swimming hole.

once again Don shows us what not to do. He went against the instructions he was given and paid the price by bouncing off the walls and hitting a rock with his foot.


Luckily Joe redeems the Jacob name

2 comments:

Stephanie Taylor said...

You are AWESOME Marc! I'm glad you had a great time. Tanner is always open for Uncle Marc Adventures.

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

I can't believe all your trips. I'm jealous.