Friday, August 14, 2009

Meet the Boss Lady

My sister Steph is in a word AMAZING! She is very ambitious and extremely talented. A while ago she got the idea to buy an old vintage Airstream trailer and fix it up. She searched for a very long time until she finally found one that was worth the task. She ended up getting a 1970 Silver Streak Atlas (not an Airstream but pretty close). She soon began to work on the renovations which included a new floor, re- upholstering the cushions, a new awning and lots and lots of darling pillows, curtains, quilts and decorations. She chose a cowgirl theme and went to work making all of the quilts, pillows and curtains with her very own talented hands. I'm sure that there was much more work that she put into it that I am not remembering but it went from flat to fabulous in just a few short months.In celebration of her new trailer and it's first campout, she threw an amazing party. There was a delicious dutch oven dinner followed by a concert put on by Dyer Highway and to end the night we had smores by the fire. It was such a blast! There is nothing better than good food and music in the mountains.I must do a little plug for Dyer Highway. My neice Kambree is dating Tel Dyer. He is a singer/songwriter and he and his sisters have a band. They put on an awesome show and are very entertaining. Tel is 16 and his sisters are 12 & 13. I'll tell ya now, they are going places.Steph you are the hostess with the mostess! You really now how to have a shindig! Thanks for inviting us!

5 comments:

Stephanie Taylor said...

Oh You are the BEST sister! Thank you so much. I'm all choked up! I'm glad you love it. All are welcome next year! I'm already planning the 2010 Boss Lady Trailer Rally next August! Find yourself a vintage and fix 'er up! As soon as the little muffin is out of the oven. XOXO Love you so much!

Emily said...

I just LOVE it... It's so darling!!! Steph is a magical wonder! Looks like fun, I miss camping! Miss you! Any baby names yet?

Leesa said...

ok could your sister seriously be any more creative! i wish i had the talent you miller girls have! i hope one day i get invited to one of these parties so that i can see your whole fam again! i miss them :)!

Zach & Lizzy said...

Your sister is amazing!! She did a darling job! Holy smokes she is so talented!! Just like you! ;)

Hansen Family said...

I love that trailer and I am impressed she did that all by her self!