Monday, March 16, 2009

Winter Wonderland



Last weekend we snowmobiled into my parents cabin. My mom and dad went down earlier that week along with my sister Missy and her family. It was beautiful! The sun shined outside and we were cozy by the fire inside. We did nothing but lounge on the couch, play Phase 10, watch movies, take naps, read books and EAT!!! Missy and mom were fabulous chefs. We ate better at the cabin than we ever eat at home. It was wonderful.


I love how the snow slides off the roof and creates a wall. You can barely see the cabin!



Thank you Mom and Dad for this beautiful cabin that we have to visit. Thank you Missy and Kent for being the winter cabin pros! We would never be able to go in without you!

10 comments:

Emily said...

That looks like so much fun! Brings back fond memories of the scary zip line... and Cathie telling me to "quit being a wus and just go already!" I'm glad you didn't run into any bears!

Natalie said...

Sounds like my kind of vacation...especially the food part.

Cort said...

Such an awesome rugged couple! Glad you had fun!

Paul or Lindsay said...

Fantastic. Looks like you guys had a blast.

Leesa said...

How fun! I am SO jealous! I am glad you guys had a good time!

Amanda said...

I love family weekends like that. They are the best! How awesome to be able to do it in a cabin away from everyone & everything.

da Silva Family said...

What a fun get-a-way! It looks like it was a lot of fun!!

Stephanie Taylor said...

We're really sad that we weren't invited. Perhaps some day we'll invest in some snow equipment so we can play too.

Lia said...

Hi Lindsey! This is Lia (your husband's cousin's wife--does that make us cousins???) Anyways, Pam gave me your blog site--here's mine:
http://liasonceuponatime.blogspot.com/ I look forward to checking in on you guys:) Are you still running?

Hansen Family said...

it sounds fabulous I want to go!