Sunday, December 14, 2008

Five years ago on Christmas-

Marc asked my dad if he could marry me to which my dad replied, "It's about damn time."
Marc had his friends wrap him up in a human sized box.
Marc's friends dropped this large box off on my parents doorstep.
I tore off the wrapping paper (thinking that I would find a dog inside).
I found Marc inside hunched over, sitting Indian style, with a ring box in his hand.
Marc looked up with fear in his eyes and said, "Lindsey, will you marry me?"
I stood there barefoot in my red pajamas and bawled my eyes out (I'm not sure that I ever answered him or looked at the ring).

That was pretty much the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!




12 comments:

Megan said...

Ok. I'm cracking up! Way cute engagement story!

Paul or Lindsay said...

Seriously? Has that been 5 years?!! Two engaged girls running in 0 degree weather. A lot has changed; now we just turn around and head to our beds.

Emily said...

And they lived happily ever after... :) I can't believe that was 5 years ago!

Amy said...

You guys look so young! That is the cutest story ever.

I just read your last post and your hair is so cute! You have always been so stylin. I love your Christmas tree, too.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest story ever! Marc is a genius. I love the human sized box idea :).

Tiffany said...

That Christmas will be hard to top!

da Silva Family said...

That is so cute! That would be the best Christmas ever!

Leesa said...

Seriously... that is such an ADORABLE story! Im laughing at your dads comment! That is SO your dad!!! Happy 5 year engagement!!

Cort said...

We were still new friends then!

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

Ha Ha! That is so cute and hilarious! What a fun Christmas!

Hansen Family said...

That is the best picture ever you guys look so little! em and laz are coming to dinner at my house the 23rd woul dyou and marc like to join us? oh robert and elaine will be there also

Stephanie Taylor said...

Tanner and Carson think you're funny. " She looks like a Midget!" - Carson - Midget is his new fascination. Anyway - how romantic. Marc looks like he's twelve. I wouldn't put this out on any websites - people will think you're from Colorado City. LOL! XOXO