Thursday, October 30, 2008

Today I Went a Teensy Bit Crazy...

It all started when I decided that I was gonna clean out this room


So I did. Looks great right?


Well then I decided that I'd get rid of this wall


So I did


And this wall


And then I decided that the carpet had to go and I found this

linoleum on top of wood floor. So of course THAT had to go.

And then, wood paneling on the walls... seriously?


Ok, pink walls are worse than the paneling.


Let's just get down to business




So I went from this ...............................To this!

It was kinda fun and somewhat therapeutic to slam a hammer into the wall over and over again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Brutus, Nice work! Are you sure you couldn't live with that fancy linoleum - that was very retro! Circa 1940 or so...you could have fancied that up with a nice floor lamp Mrs. Cleaver. Way to go She-Ra!

Cort said...

Whoa, that is quite a workout! Did you not do hairapy today? I love the step by step pictures, that was awesome to watch it happen. What's next, what's the plan for the gutted rooms?

Annika said...

Wow I am impressed! My husband would love it if I were more like you. We have been working on getting our basement done and it has been like a year! I need to learn a few things from you.....way to go! I think it looks great. Can't wait to see what you do with the room!

Tanaca King said...

Can you come to my house, Martha???

Megan said...

Well... EXCUSE me Ms. Thang!
Very impressive!

Paul or Lindsay said...

You go!