Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Oh Zion!

Marc and I took a quick trip down to Zion National Park this weekend. It was amazing! We did 2 different hikes totaling about 10 miles.

First rule of hiking: You must have a rockin outfit before you begin.



Our first hike was Angels Landing. I attempted this hike a couple of years ago and didn't make it all the way because I wussed out. It is super steep and the trail is very narrow. There are chains along the way for you to hold on to with sheer cliff on the opposite side.



We made it to the top! It was so beautiful.


This is looking down on the road from the top of Angels Landing.








Zion 2003- My how we've changed...

Our second hike of the day was up the narrows. We went up about a couple miles and back. We did this in the afternoon to cool off. The water was so refreshing and it was really fun!









“Come to Zion, come to Zion, and within her walls rejoice.”

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Zion is right! It's breathtaking! Someday when I'm not scared of that trail, I'd love for you to take me.."Holy Mother of Pearl" that is a crazy trail! How Brave you are! You look fantastic and I love Marc's very stylish shorts...kinda reminds me of the olden days at Lake Powell when our dad would try to find the wackiest shorts he could. Marc has more style, so it's not really the same. ANYWAY... I'm so glad you had fun and were safe...even though you didn't take my lifejacket advice. XOXO

Anonymous said...

How fun! We haven't been to Zion in forever. Just looking at the photo of you hiking with that cliff just below scared the crap out of me. I am too scared of heights to ever do that.

Anonymous said...

I heart Zion so much! I just got very home sick for my beautiful Utah. I'm so proud of you for making it to the top this time! It's terrifying, but so worth it. Remember how we saw eachother the first time you hiked it? Oh, the memories!

Cort said...

Again, I'm so jealous of you and your adventures without me. These pictures are great and you seriously look great. You're a hottie with a naughty body! I'm so proud of you for doing Angel's landing, your pictures are better than mine. And actually your pictures from 04 or whenever that was, you don't look that different. You're again so well! You don't have grey hair like me.

Cort said...

Sorry I don't make sense. I meant you're aging so well. Forgive me, I'm from the U.K.

Megan said...

Ok...those pictures are scaring me. I could never do that. I'm way too chicken.

Paul or Lindsay said...

IRON WOMAN!! Glad you survived!

da Silva Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! If Zion's wasn't so far away from AF hospital, I would totally go (at this point I'm willing to do whatever to get this baby to come! ;) Your pictures are beautiful!
P.S. Thanks for the recipe...I'm making it today!

Anonymous said...

Way to go linds! I am so proud of you. Love the shorts! Can Steven borrow them sometime for one of his concerts??? Perhaps you can stitch him some???

Rachel said...

Yeah! I found you, don't ask me how or through who-you know how that stuff goes. Look at you-all adventurous and stuff! I will probably need you to do my hair at some point because I now have gray hair and do you remember how I feel about having light hair? Love ya!

Emily said...

I think I have the same cammo capris! I love them! You are a brave soul, I am so proud of you!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how incredible your pictures turned out. That looks like a pretty hair raising hike. You must be in good shape girl!