Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fun with Sparkly Vampire Lovers

As I'm sure most of you know, the new Stephanie Meyer book came out Saturday, August 2nd at 12:00 a.m. My sister Stephanie is an avid fan and planned a girls night of fun for us to countdown the hours until the book was released into our eager clutches. We started our evening by having celebratory food at Johnny Carino's. It was fabulous. Then we attended the Barnes and Noble swinging soiree where you could find twilight lovers of all ages, races, shapes, sizes and genders. There were so many cute creative t-shirts handmade by groups of women. It was awesome.


McKell and I are both Jacob lovers. We were way outnumbered by Edward fans so we had to stick together.

McKell made her shirt and it shined with her creativity stating,
"vampires are cool, but werewolves are hot"


We ran into Nicole our friend and fellow book clubby

Here is McKell telling her theory of what should happen with Edward and Bella


Finally at midnight our wait was over. They called lucky #7 (our group) and we were able to purchase our copies of BREAKING DAWN.

Stephanie was so excited that she bought a whole box!


We finally made it out of the store around 1:15 a.m. and posed for one final picture to remember this wonderful event!


Thank you for organizing this party Steph! You are so much fun and I'm so glad that you listened to me when I told you that you had to read Twilight... look what I started! You are a bigger fanatic than anybody I know! I love you!

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am also a Jacob fan! Cant wait to hear if you liked the final book :)

Anonymous said...

I really wish that you would hurry and read the book sister! I finished at 4AM this morning and I'm dying to talk to you about it! Hurry up! It's killing me!

Michelle said...

I am sad that I couldn't come. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Matt was camping so I had the boys. When are we going to have Book Club and talk about the book?

Paul or Lindsay said...

You girls are nuts! (In a good way!).

Cort said...

I agree, you girls are nuts. I loved McKells shirt. Hilarious. No worries. I'm only 763 in line now at the library so I'll be able to talk to you about in about 8 years.

Emily said...

I see 'Twilight' at the front of every book store I go in & think of you!

Cort said...

I just listened to the theory by mckell. Hilarious, I hope it really does do something as strange as that. Then once he's human, Bella could not like how unhandsome and unmarblelike and normal he's become and dump him for Jacob.

Anonymous said...

That looked like so much fun! I am jealous. I had plans to go to the release party but had to go to AZ instead.
How did you like the book?

Leesa said...

You are SO stinking FUNNY and CUTE!!! I just adore you! I hope all is well with you and your family! I came and got my hair done on Mon. Aug 4th and didnt see you... so i'll tell you hi now! I love ya Linds!!
Leesa Tripp Tracy