Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Christmas is August

Steph: "Mom and I got your Christmas present! I'm so excited."

Me: "Oh, is it a sewing machine?"

Steph: (pause) "No."

Me: "Oh good, cuz I'm gonna go buy one."

Steph: "Well, NO! You CAN'T buy one."

Well, crap. I have a knack for ruining surprises. I really didn't mean to. But when she said that they already had my gift I thought of the thing that I would like to have very most in the world right now and it happened to be a sewing machine. So, I was right. Sorry Mom and Steph. I didn't mean to be such a fun spoiler.

I'm an even bigger brat because I made them give it to me now. I convinced them that I need it so that I can work on gifts for Christmas. There is no way that I could wait until Christmas. However, I LOVE IT!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

So here she is, the little beauty! She's more than I ever dreamed of! This machine is way nicer than anything that I ever would have picked out for myself. It is so easy to use and the stitches are so even and beautiful. I am in heaven!

11 comments:

Emily said...

You are so creatively domestic! I will definately be expecting more fabulous headbands... I love mine! What a beautiful machine, Sheila would be so proud!

Megan said...

What a beauty! And the item you're working on isn't too bad either.

Anonymous said...

You're Welcome! I'm glad you love it! We love you and are so glad that we could find something we know you'll love. How boring Christmas morning will be however... Since you're so excited and have 800 projects, could I interest you in sewing one or two of my projects? I just need a purse, and some of those fabulous slippers! XOXO Don't Stitch Your Finger!

Paul or Lindsay said...

Can I pay you for sewing lessons? You're my most crafty friend by far! Christmas morning is over-rated anyway, right?

Cort said...

Man, you really just can't handle suspense, you force people to give you presents early, what kind of weirdo are you?

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! I am so excited for you! I would have no idea where to start with a sewing machine. I am the least crafty person in the world.

Jamie Johnson said...

It will be so fun to see all the things you sew now. Maybe you'll inspire me to pull mine out again.

Anonymous said...

Watch out martha because lindsey will totally take you down!!! Can I have your autograph please as well??? You are one lucky duck, now i can borrow your sewing machine!!! You are such a sweetheart thank you! I miss you like crazy too, nobody is there to make me drink my water...

Amy said...

YAY! I want a sewing machine. I'm so excited for you! I can't even imagine the gorgeous creations you will make....

The Rocking Radmalls said...

I am impressed. I want in on the sewing lessons! I can only imagine what kind of creations you can come up with now! Soon, you'll be selling your own line, I know it!

Cort said...

I don't know about that picture. Maybe you're head is shrinking, or maybe my nose is just too big and throws the whole thing off.