Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Half Marathon

Talk about a fun race!  Between the crazy costumes and the freezing cold, how could it not be fun?  I signed up for this race back in April when I signed up for the Timpanogos Half Marathon because I had heard that it was a blast.  It did not disappoint.  I was lucky enough to be able to train and run with my fried Kelli who had just come from running the St. George Marathon earlier in the month. She's amazing!  Our friend Jen ran too, but she is SUPER fast so we only saw her before it started and then again at the finish.  One of the things that keeps this race interesting is all of the different costumes that you see along the way.  It keeps your mind off of how many miles you still have to run!  We wanted to dress up but still wear something that would be comfortable to run in and Kelli came up with the idea to do 80's.  Perfect!  From our big haired heads to our leg warmered toes, we were decked out!  .
  Photobucket
I stole this pic from the website to show what a dork I am. There were several more terrible ones... those poor photographers!
Photobucket

Here we are grabbing high fives on our way to the finish!
Photobucket
There is nothing like finishing a race with a support crew waiting for you at the end!
Such a relief to see my guys!
Photobucket
My dear sister Steph came and brought her boys to cheer us on!
Photobucket
Cort came down and it was so fun to have her there!
Photobucket
Kelli's mom Jeanie even made us a sign.  She's the best!
We were spoiled with our cheering section!
Photobucket

Thanks so much Kelli for running with me!  I couldn't have done it without you!  Can't wait for the next one!
Photobucket

No comments: