Monday, October 8, 2012

Griffin's 3rd Birthday!

Griffin is three and I really wish time would just stop.  He is at such a fun age right now.  Learning new things everyday.  He is so smart and having a conversation with him is like talking to a mini adult.  He is so awesome and I am so grateful for him!

We celebrated in the morning with a doughnut,
Photobucket
And in the evening with a special cake just for him!
Photobucket
He was so cute.  He loved when we sang to him and after we were done he said, "Hi, Luke!  Say Happy Birthday to me!"

We celebrated that weekend with our families and I managed to host the least stressful party of my life!  That's because I didn't do any invitations, decorations, food or favors.  It was just good ole cake and ice cream and lots of fun!  And I realized, "What was I thinking before when I went all crazy?"

So here is the cake.  Griffin LOVES trains.  We can hear them from our house, but we can't see them.  Every time he hears one he wants to hurry to get in the car to go see it, (unfortunately that doesn't happen very often).  He was delighted with his cake and promptly started to eat the candy out of the train cars as soon as he got the chance!

Photobucket

I love Kristin's face in this one!  She's holding Ashlee's new baby, Alexander, and talking to him, but it looks like she's blowing out Griff's candles with him!
Photobucket

As soon as we sang "Happy Birthday," Griff grabbed a cupcake an dug in!
Photobucket Photobucket

Luke was all over the cupcake too.  It's so much easier to just strip this kid down when eating anything.
Photobucket

We are so happy that our families could come celebrate with us!
Here are Jeff, Gabby, Carole and Savannah.  Such a darling family!
Photobucket

Papa Mick
Photobucket

Taylor and Grandma Mick
Photobucket
And of course presents.  This guy got tons of great stuff!
Photobucket
Toots the train was Griffin's big gift from us (also from Aunt Steph as it was a hand-me-down from her kids).  Griffin absolutely loves it!
Photobucket
One of Griffins favorite gifts was from Grandma Mick--freeze dried pomegranate yogurt bites from Thrive Food Storage.  He LOVES those things!  We have never actually hydrated them, he just gobbles them up dry and they are probably the most healthy thing that we can get him to eat!
Photobucket
Two days before his birthday I decided to whip up this train quilt for Griff.  I had bought the fabric over a year ago and thought it would be perfect for his train centered birthday.  I'm really good at procrastinating and then having to stay up until 2 am to finish projects, but hey, I always get them done!
Photobucket Photobucket
So there you have it! Griffin was conductor for the day and got everything he wanted and more!  Thanks to all those who celebrated with us!

No comments: