Saturday, September 29, 2012

We Camped. Well, Some of Us.

Since we have been enjoying the mountains we decided to go hardcore and spend the night up American Fork Canyon.  Marc's sister Ashlee and her family had a trailer and found a spot next to it for our tent.  Marc and I used to spend a lot of our weekends camping (before we had kids), so we were anxious to give it a try with the kiddos.
Photobucket
This was the view outside our tent!


Photobucket
The boys spent lots of time throwing rocks in the river.   When they weren't at the river they were busy hitting each other.  Parker and Griff were butting heads a little this weekend.
Photobucket
This guy is always climbing on something. So adventurous!
Photobucket
Ashlee and brand new baby Alexander
Photobucket
Lukie and I staying warm by the campfire

After the campfire things got a little ugly.  I am a terrible mother and I brought Luke's milk but I forgot to bring a bottle.  Hence the night time routine didn't happen.   So after some tears Luke finally fell asleep... for an hour.  So at 1:00 a.m. Luke and I loaded up and headed home.  I wasn't gonna fight through this all night.  Poor guy didn't get his bottle and I was worried that he was hungry.  So on the way home I remembered that I left the milk back at camp so I stopped and the grocery store (1:45 am) and bought some milk.  When I got home I made him a bottle and he only drank one ounce before he fell asleep... guess he wasn't that hungry, just didn't like sleeping in the tent.

Anyway,  Luke and I got up the next morning and headed back up to camp to hang out and have some breakfast.
Griff was getting really in-tune with nature...
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Luke was so proud that he climbed into this chair all by himself,
Photobucket
but not so happy after he face planted and got a mouthful of dirt.
Photobucket
And here is where we attempted to sleep.  Luke was in the pack and play and Griff was in between Marc and I.  
Griffin did not talk until 2 am like our last camping adventure.  He did talk for a little while saying,
"Hi Mom. Hi Dad. Hi Mom, you see dad?  Dad you see, Mom? I wanna snuggle you."  There was lots of rolling from one of us to the other and lots of touching our faces too.  But he fell asleep pretty quickly and slept right through Luke and I leaving in the middle of the night.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
So all in all we had a great time and the trees were absolutely gorgeous.  The drive up to Tibble Fork could not have been more beautiful.  Thanks Brent and Ashlee for letting us hang with you!

1 comment:

Paul or Lindsay said...

You're a brave brave woman! I have never tried camping with kids. You're the best mom on earth, I'm pretty sure I would have just pulled out my ear plugs!