Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hey Micky, You're So Fine!

My Dad turned 70 this year!  When I told my mom we should have a big party she said, "Oh we should wait until next year, when he turns 70."  Then I said, "ummm that's this year mom." 
While getting ready for the party I had a blast going through old photos of my dad.
Photobucket
My Dad (Mick) and Uncle Larry
Photobucket
18 years old in the Air National Guard

I'm not sure my dad's age or the year in the next few pictures.  I just think that they are awesome!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Dad and Harper (the donut and rice krispie treat eating, smiling dog)  He only listened to my dad and no one else!
Photobucket

Photobucket

And now for some family photo Gems
Photobucket
Circa 1978 (Before I was even a thought).  Should I be sad that I missed out on "that haircut" that all of my sister's are sporting some version of?  I think not!  Oh and the tan guy in the middle is Frank, who lived with our family for 4 years.
Photobucket
Oh, there I am, the little one in the front.  Doesn't this family look complete now?  Let's all say thanks to the 80's!  We all look rather country and then there is Jill, rocking the sweater vest and super cool hairdo.  And look! My dad is smiling, sort of!
Photobucket
And here is my dad doing what he loved.  I love this picture!
Photobucket
Here is a more recent picture of this sweet and amazing man!

So we had a grand celebration and invited all of my dad's closest friends and family.
Oh How I love to decorate for a party!  The main focus for the decor was photos... everywhere!  It was a fun way to see my dad through 7 decades!

Photobucket

Photobucket
There he is over in the corner, just waiting for the fun to begin!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Everyone who is anyone was there!  From high school buddies to life long pals, they all came to celebrate my dad!

Photobucket Photobucket

And now for a recent family photo.  Too bad we are missing Jill, Megan and my dad's smile.Photobucket

Photobucket When it was all over Griff showed up to play with the tissue paper balls. Good Times!

It was so fun to celebrate this wonderful, hard-working, adorable man.  He is loved and cherished by so many, especially me!  Happy 70th Birthday Micky!

3 comments:

jmemay said...

I love your dad. I have some very sweet memories of him :) Your decor was DARLING. What a fun party! And what a great post... loved seeing the photos.

Leesa said...

oh linds i am laughing soooo hard at those pics! i love flipping thru old pics and getting the best belly laugh ever! im glad your dad had a great birthday! your haircut is SOOO adorable! you look absolutely STUNNING!! love ya!!

Paul or Lindsay said...

I love your dad, but not like Aish loves your dad! Those pics are great fun! The real wonder in all of this is how your mom manages to never age! Happy Birthday Mick!

And p.s. you really should throw parties for a living!