Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekend Getaway

Last Friday when Marc got home from work he said, "Let's go somewhere." So, we packed up the boys and headed to St. George. Marc hasn't had a weekend off for a long time so we wanted to take advantage of 48 hours straight with our little family.
We had no plans, except to do nothing. And that's what we did. We went on walks, played at parks, took a nap and went to bed early (9:17p.m. for me and Marc).
Photobucket

Oh, and Griffin played in as much of that Southern Utah red dirt as he could get his hands on.
Photobucket

Luke is such a happy little guy!
Photobucket

His happy little smile lights up everyone around him!
Photobucket
We took Griffin to see the temple. He was more interested in finding dirt to play in.
Photobucket
And, the next day... more dirt
Photobucket
more walks with this happy baby
Photobucket

and another park.
Photobucket

Photobucket
I love Griffin's face in this one. Now is the face of a boy having a good time!

The time in the car was not very fun, as you can imagine. Both boys were pretty sick of it and so were we. Griffin does like to go down hills in the car though. He puts his hands up in the air and says "Geronimo." Really it's more like "na nom a mo." I love the things this kid's dad teaches him to say!
Photobucket
It was a super quick trip that was fun and exhausting all at the same time.
Love making memories with these boys!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the new blog look - very cute! I Love the new pictures of the boys - want a big one to put on my wall. It may seem weird since there aren't any pictures of my own kids on my walls, but I don't care - they are too cute. My favorite is the one of Luke on the slide when Griffin is super happy, but Luke is like - oh come on - hand on my forehead. I don't think he meant to but it's pretty funny. I'm so glad you go t away for a few days, what a fun trip. Love you all! XOXO

Stephanie said...

Heath is teasing me because he thinks I was trying to say I'm glad you go away - that was not my intent, please forgive. I do not want you to go away, ever ever, but I know you needed a break! XOXO