Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Romantical Weekend

My fantastic husband treated me to a night away in the big SLC for Valentine's day. We dropped Griffin off at my mom's and the night was ours. We had a reservation for dinner at PF Changs but we got there too late. I have been craving this for about a month and had my heart set on it. The next available reservation was for 8:30 pm so we took it, and went for a little pre-dinner snack.
Photobucket
This little, teeny, tiny place is awesome! We had the "torpedo, " which is a Belgium waffle with dark chocolate in the middle and a side of ice cream.
Photobucket
It was delicious and we can't wait to go back to try the frites!
After we checked into our hotel we walked down to PF Changs and my mouth was already watering. Unfortunately, my pregnant mind had a much bigger appetite than my stomach and we didn't even come close to eating half of the food that we ordered. Marc kept saying, "Lets just share something." I really should have listened. We were so stuffed that we practically rolled out of the restaurant.
Photobucket
This picture is 50% real baby 50% food baby
It was so great to sleep in and just mosey around the next morning. We went to breakfast and then spent a good 4 hours at the Gateway. After all that shopping we needed some sustenance. So, we braved the smelly food court. Any confined space with that many different kinds of food is bound to stink!
Photobucket
Marc was double fisting it with a cheese dog and a corn dog
I realize that from the pictures that we took it appears that all we did was eat! Well, obviously that was a huge part of our weekend, but we had such a great time chatting while we ate!
Plus I'm not gonna tell you about the good stuff anyway :)
It was nice not revolving our day around our little Griff's schedule. And we even got to take a nap of our own!
The first words out of my mom's mouth when we walked in the door were, "Well, I can see why you needed a break!"
My sweetheart surprised me with these beautiful flowers that were delivered on Valentine's Day. Flowers are awesome, flowers that are delivered just make me feel extra special!
Photobucket
Thanks babe for a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I love you OH SO VERY MUCH! I am the luckiest!

4 comments:

da Silva Family said...

that waffle place looks awesome! and you look so beautiful! looks like a fun get away...good for you guys!ca

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Good for you guys taking a night away! It's always unnerving signing the parents up for that, but it's so needed.

P.S.-Pig tails are not frequently considered "tricky", but thanks for saying so.

P.P.S.-If only I could learn belly buttons; then Kate would be the talk of the town.

Jo said...

Eating makes life worth living... ;-)

Jenn said...

Whoop whoop for a fun romantic weekend! I have been inspired...someday...someday... Congrats on Griffin walking! What excitement at your house!