Sunday, September 26, 2010

Baby Barrett

My friend Cortney and I met eight years ago while working together at a dental office. We have since moved on to greener pastures but have remained very close friends. Cort and I are so different in so many ways. For example, she loves surprises and I can't handle suspense, so I really don't like surprises. So, she decided not to find out if she was having a baby boy or girl. Well, since I couldn't give her a gift for the baby because we didn't know what it was I decided to pamper the expecting mama instead. I made her a hospital gown with a coordinating pillowcase and slippers. After all, you have your picture taken a million times in that hospital gown, so why not be as fashionable as possible right? I think so! It was so fun for me to surprise the person who loves surprises with this little gift!


Photobucket

Who looks this fabulous when getting ready to have a baby? Well after all that suspense she had a perfect, beautiful baby girl! She has 2 boys and I begged Cort to let me throw her a shower and she has always refused. I kept telling her that every baby deserves to be celebrated and finally she gave in. This little sweetie is Barrett Whitney Vance.

Photobucket This is the first baby shower that I have hosted and I had an absolute blast! Since Cortney lives in Layton we held the shower at her house.

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rather than playing games (don't we all hate those dumb shower games anyway?), I brought my old fabric scraps and we created some custom onesies for baby Barrett. It was so fun to see everyone's creativity and Cort has gone onesie loco, making all kinds of cute things ever since!

Photobucket
After everything was done it was so fun for me to sit and hold this sweet baby. There is nothing like holding a newborn. I just love how they melt into your arms.
Photobucket

I love you Cort and your little MV3!

2 comments:

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Oh, geez, Miller! Your creativity is sickening! Hospital gowns, booths, onesies, invites, decor...that's quite the list of skills, young lady. So glad to hear you'll be getting more time with Griff now!

Stephanie Taylor said...

Perhaps now is the time for Jickie Ribbons! I think your party planning and marketing skills are the cream of the crop! Go sister!