Monday, February 1, 2010

FIRST DATE

Without Griffin that is...

As you can see we were excited and scared all at the same time! Since it was our first date we didn't want to start by "pairing off" so we thought we'd go skiing with as many of the South gang as possible.


We spent the whole day skiing at Sundance.


I have to admit that I felt really guilty for leaving Griffin on a day when I could have been home with him. But it was good for Marc and I to get out again. When we dropped him off we got in the car, looked at our empty backseat and then looked at each other. Marc said, "Something's missing." It was weird to be going somewhere together without Griffin. Once we adjusted to the fact the we were alone we had a blast. We wanted this date to be special so we started out with breakfast from McDonalds. Following breakfast I pumped in the car on the way up the canyon. Doesn't that just sound like the picture of romance?

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Good job being brave.

Stephanie Taylor said...

You are SO Brave! And I'm proud of you, I know it was hard to leave him. And I'm so proud of you for going skiing! YOU ROCK! Someday I'd like to go again. Way to go sis, Love ya!

Emily said...

I'm glad the two of you got some semi-alone time. Looks like tons of fun! Miss you!

da Silva Family said...

Good for you guys for going on a date!! It's good to be together just as a couple sometimes! Sounds like lots of fun.

Jo said...

Gotta love the pumping...

Paul or Lindsay said...

Careful, you two. Alone dates can become addicting.

Cort said...

Why didn't you just take him with You? "This one's on the tit, I can tote him anywhere!" And Marc could've carried him in his pack.

Natalie said...

Glad you got the pumping in, because man, it's not fun when you don't. One day you'll relish in the times when you get to leave your kids with babysitters. It's always hard when they are babies though. Glad you guys had a good time. As soon as I can start running again, I want to go with you and Lin.