Sunday, July 19, 2009

Montana

We took a last minute roadtrip to Montana this weekend to deliver my friend Cort and her cute boys to Omi and Kug's house (Cort's parents).

They live in Big Arm and have a beautiful home with amazing views of Flathead Lake.
We loved being able to "help Cort out" but really we feel spoiled to have been able to spend the night in such a beautiful place with such wonderful people.

While I was there I found a scruffy Montana man by the name of Ed. He was so handsome I couldn't keep my hands off him all night.

We had to make this a quick trip but we stopped at the Cherry Festival in Polson and hung out for the morning. Marc grew up visiting Flathead Lake where his grandparents lived and had a cherry orchard. Marc was so excited to get fresh Montana grown cherries that we bought five pounds so he could bring some home for his family.


I have always been a picky eater and had never actually even tried a cherry. I know, I'm ridiculous. I figured that there was no better time to give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised!
But more than the cherries,I LOVED the cherry Lemonade!

Also on the way home we made a point to stop in Butte. What does Butte have to offer you might ask? Well Marc has raved for years about Pork Chop John's and we have never actually gone there. We looked it up and Marc claims it was as good as ever. As for me, I am not big on pork chops or sandwiches and I had already tried one exotic food that day so I stuck to eating his french fries.


Marc is a great chauffeur. He drove the entire 20 hours while Cort and I chatted in the back and then on the way home I tried to keep up conversation but would often drift off into a little nap. He really is the best. So as you can see, we made the most of our little trip. We had a great time and would do it all over again!

8 comments:

Emily said...

What a pretty place... minus Pork Chop John's (sorry Marcus!) And what a scandelous baby mama you are to be lusting after this scruffy Ed man! :)

Natalie said...

That cherry lemonade looks like a pregnant lady's delight. Do you think you can find it in Utah?

Paul or Lindsay said...

You're sure glad you didn't tell me that you had never tried a cherry before now...you remember the banana incident! I'm proud of you for broadening your horizons and also for hanging out with as many little boys as possible lately (well, on both road trips). You're getting in some good training.

Zach & Lizzy said...

Cutest pictures EVER! I love the pic of you drinking your cherry lemonade! Darling! You always look so adorable!!! Montana looks gorgeous!

Cort said...

I can't thank you enough! We're doing alright up here and I'm so glad to up here with them. You were great company to travel with...especially pretending to be a polyg family. Carlos had a dream about the. Remind me to tell you all about it.

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

You guys lead such the adventurous life; I pretty much have to live vicariously through you. In fact, you might even say that I'M having the time of YOUR life.

Jo said...

I love you hair...it's different than it was before isn't it? Or am I just retarded and unobservant? I like it.

Hansen Family said...

What a fun little road trip! I can't believe you have never tried a cherry your crazy!