Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our Baby Had Babies!

It all started a couple months ago. Ruka was in heat and there was a little black Schnauzer that had been hanging around our house all week. Marc got home from work one day and there was Ruka sitting on the front porch. She only has access to the backyard when we are gone so Marc went to investigate how she escaped. There was little tunnel that had been dug under the fence from the abandoned neighbors yard to our yard (hence the escape route).
So we were a little worried as most parents would be. She is a teenager afterall and she does have hormones, let alone the hormones of the little punk that busted her out of her backyard prison.
So about a month and a half goes by and all the signs were there. She started gaining weight, she was irritable, she had cravings, and she started waddling down the steps on paw at a time. We could tell she was getting close.
So, on Thursday night at about 9:00 it all started to happen. Although we checked on her frequently we played the part of Pa on Little House on the Prairie and waited patiently in the living room while Ma was in there birthin' babies. Ruka did everything all on her own and there were no problems.
We ended up with 3 adorable female pups. One black, one gold with black ears and one that is a mix of both. I promptly named the black one Obama. We'll call her Bama for short.









So, if you are in the market for a new puppy in about 6 weeks, let us know. They should stay pretty small, about 10-13 pounds at the most.

13 comments:

Cort said...

I love it, you should take a little video of them all crying for the teet and post it.

da Silva Family said...

They're so cute!!! You must be so proud :)

Leesa said...

I am not an animal lover... but those puppies are adorable!!!

Megan said...

For real!!!??? Ruka had babies!? Last time I saw her she was a baby herself! Cute pups!

Natalie said...

Hmmmmmm, those puppies may make me change my mind about pets. I'm half considering calling you up and bringing one home for my kids. Now, if only we could head back to the George and forget all this snow nonsense!

Michelle said...

They are so cute! I am happy to see she is such a good mommy! We have never had good experiances with puppies. I think our dog gets post pardum.

Amy said...

That's hilarious! You're such a cute mom. I love that you named one of them Obama!

Nick, Alex, & Nixon said...

Linds! I want one! Sooo bad! :D (This is alex from the salon by the way!) I've been trying to convince nick to let us get one since we got married! They're so dang cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I will seriously take one! How much are you going to sell them for? We have been in the market for a small dog for awhile. If they haven't all been spoken for I'll take one off your hands.
Ruka looks like such a good Mama!

Paul or Lindsay said...

These are the only animals I would ever consider bringing into my home. So cute, and I'm glad they survived the weekend without their "grandma."

Nick, Alex, & Nixon said...

Linds I may have done it! :D

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

First your puppy...next it's you! Can't wait till that happens.

Hansen Family said...

WE would love one but can't have one in the place were renting. THey are pretty cute