Monday, September 1, 2008


This was my first year going to Swiss Days. I've always heard so much about it but no one could have prepared me for the madness. We left my house at approximately 6:30 a.m. We arrived in Midway around 7:30 a.m. and there were already tons of crazy craft ladies hauling away their precious loot.
It was only 42 degrees when we arrived and neither Steph or I had a jacket or even long pants. It's amazing how shopping adrenaline will keep you warm. Steph and I were not wasting any time. We only stopped at a booth if something caught our eye. So, we scoured the booths for 3 hours, made several amazing purchases, and we were done. This was the way to do it!

With all that shopping we worked up an appetite so we stopped for one of the famous Navajo Tacos. Who wouldn't want to eat a scone covered in chili and cheese at 10:30 in the morning? I'm not sure I've ever seen so many calories on one plate but it was delicious!

My mom, grandma and aunt's all stayed at my Aunt Jen's cabin in Timber Lakes. We met up with them and compared purchases. It was was such a fun day and we greatly missed the sisters and aunts and cousins that weren't able to come.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yodelayheehoo! What a wonderful time we had visiting the pseudo Swiss countryside! Next year we should try out for one of the Swiss Miss girls. We can sing and dance just as well as those little 10 year old cuties! Perhaps we could get our husbands to dress up like the VonTraps and we can all yodel a merry tune for the crazy crafters ...Auf Wiedersehen!

Emily said...

What a load of fun... it almost made me want to break out my alphorn! And what troopers to get out the door @ 6:30am! I'm jelous I missed Swiss Days! Glad you had a good time! I miss you!

Megan said...

Looks fun! This was actually the first year that I DIDN'T go to Swiss Days! Love that place. But this year I just couldn't do it. I'm SO impressed you were there SO early!

Amy said...

I love Swiss Days! I've gone about 5 times and the only thing I have ever bought is a gigantic scone. There's nothing wrong with a plate full of fried dough....I'm salivating just thinking about it!

Adam and Kristine said...

My mom and a buch of her friends went to Swiss Days and she had a blast. So far I haven't found anything like that in Oregon but I'm hopeful.

Tiffany said...

I am totally going next year to see you as a Swiss Miss girl!

McKell said...

Oh man, I'm sad I missed it this year! I'm glad you made some awesome purschases though... it makes the craziness worth it!(That and the scones):)

Cort said...

I just want to know if those awesome purchases were accounted for in your budget!? And just between you and me.... I can already see the change in your face lovey! Hottie!

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

How fun! I've only been to swiss days once, a really long time ago, but obviously I need to go back! It looks and sounds like a blast! And that navajo taco looks delicious! Who cares what time it is right? It's never too early for chili and cheese! Miss ya linds!