Thursday, July 24, 2008

Welcome to God's Country






If you haven't ever been to Glacier National Park... GO! It is breathtakingly beautiful, as you can see...







We had an amazing time in Glacier with our friends Carlos, Cortney, Carson and Beckett Vance. We met Cort's sister Whit (she works in the park) up there too.

I never heard so much sarcasm on one trip. Marc and Carlos always seem to bring out the worst in each other.

We went for 2 days and one night. It is never long enough but we made the most of our short time there. We went on 2 hikes and saw so many beautiful waterfalls and lakes.



We also went on a boat tour with the cutest captain I've ever seen. He just happens to be Cort's future brother in law.




We saw tons of wildlife! We even saw a mama bear and two cubs! Don't worry folks, we didn't use any strawberry shampoo because we asked the bears and they said that it's their favorite.



What would the mountains be without a little wilderness jig? We are dancing for joy that Marc made it through this trip without any migraines! (He has a history of getting sick on vacation)




Thanks for letting us tag along Vancies! We had a blast and can't wait until next time! We love you!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linds! These pictures are beautiful!!! Cant wait to go with you next time.... Congrads Mark on the no migrains!

Tiffany said...

Great pics. Looks like alot of fun. I am going to sound stupid but Where is Glacier National Park?

Paul or Lindsay said...

Well now, aren't you just the world traveler!! It looks beautiful. I'm counting down the days until I am back in your presence (this hair is getting bad!) and darn it, I need some good Miller stories. I think I'm down to about 20!!

Anonymous said...

WOW Sister! This is beautiful!

Megan said...

OK...seriously...Can you please STOP going places?!
No really though, beautiful pictures. Sounds like a fun trip!

The Rocking Radmalls said...

I am glad you had such a great time and that Mark didn't get sick!!! That place looks like paradise. I miss Miller! I am calling you.

McKell said...

Ok, I'm convinced! Let's get outta here! When and where?!?!

da Silva Family said...

Your pictures are beautiful! I want to pick up and go right now! I'm embarrassed to ask (especially since I took a National Parks and Monuments class in college!) but where is Glacier National Park? Definately somewhere I want to go after I have the baby...although if it's not too far it might be a great way to put me into labor! :)

Amy said...

How have I never been there??? It looks GORGEOUS! You and Marc rule.

Emily said...

Your pics make me wnat to sing "the hills are alive... with the sound of music"!!! What an awesome place! My favorite part is your fabulous hat... I love it!!

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

That place looks gorgeous! I need to go now! It looks like you guys had a blast! I would bet that we will see you guys on Sat. at Ashley's wedding! I'm counting down the days til we are reunited!!

Dan and Al Gardner said...

Yeah I am so glad that I finally found the right blog! Looks like you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures! You and Marc are such a cute couple. I love the one where you are giving him a piggy back ride, totally cracked me up! I have never been to Glacier National Park. We don't get to do cool things now that we have kids. Maybe when they get older and aren't at risk of falling off cliffs?

Cort said...

13 comments? Holy crap. I'll have you know I was originally the first one. I know you don't believe me. I know in your head you're thinking, "She forgot, she doesn't know which end is up and if she did, she'd forget 10 seconds later." I know you and I know you're head but I WAS THE FIRST COMMENT! Anyway, we are so NOT fighting, in fact, we're stronger than ever, can't you feel the love? Glacier (in Montana) is a magical place that builds friendship bonds of steel! And even though I don't remember everything, I will always remember vacationing to Glacier with you guys. I'll remember Marc faking a fall and Marc's migraines of course and lingerie, my gosh the lingerie! Next time I'll remember to get new lingerie...but not strawberry shampoo, never strawberry. Wow, this comment is 20 times better than my first one, I'm glad it didn't take. Now quit worrying and keep your panties on, BFF!