Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bridal Shower

I know that I am getting old because my niece is getting married in 2 weeks! Last night my mom and Aunt Mary threw Kylee a bridal shower. She is a bubbly little bride and got a ton of cool stuff! Of course I had to play the game that my sisters did for me at my bridal shower. You right down things that the bride is saying as she is opening her gifts. Then at the end you say that they may be phrases she will us on her wedding night. It was pretty funny. Some of my favorites were

"OH! I've never even seen these!"

"Oh good, they are extra sized!"

"Ok, I'm just gonna cover my butt right now..."



These amazing women had been slaving over dozens of delicious mini cupcakes for a week.

Aunt Mary, Mom and their fine artwork. They both confirmed that they now know why bakeries charge so much for these little bits of goodness.




Delicious doesn't even define these morsels. I'd have to say they were delectable, heavenly and luscious! Not only that, they were adorable, dainty and precious! (holy cow the thesaurus people should pay me for that paragraph). My heart melts for anything that is this cute!

My family tied a quilt for Kylee and this was the work crew. It was so fun to hang out with my Aunt's and cousins that I don't get to see very often.

5 comments:

Paul or Lindsay said...

Tell Cathy that that is quite the spread. I should hire her (because we all know that I would just go ahead and pay the bakery rather than cook!). Can't wait to talk to you in less than two weeks!! I am going to call you soon, I promise.

Anonymous said...

Sister Christian, you take the best pictures ever. Too bad you can't reach into the picture like on Willy Wonka and eat the cupcakes...YUMMO! BTW - you need to send me the whole list of Kylee's phrases - I thought that was tres funny. XOXO See you tonight for our TWILIGHT Party! Rock on Sista!

da Silva Family said...

I just got the hugest sweet craving! I can't tell you how delicous everything looks! And it was presented so beautifully!

Cort said...

Mmmm, now I'm hungry. And you and Missy looked look like the cutest cutsie sisters!

Emily said...

Holy cow... I can't believe Kylee is getting married!!! We are SO old!!!