Sunday, April 8, 2012

Mad Marchness

So apparently I've been so busy enjoying my new family room that I haven't taken the time to blog! Haha! Oh, how I wish that were true. Nevertheless, here be an update on the South house!
My dear friend Renee came to visit us and brought us some Easter Grass. We had so much fun watering it, petting it (as you can see below) watching it grow and giving it haircuts!
Photobucket
Luke was introduced to grass also... This kind is not soft and still dead from the winter. This was his first encounter. Although this picture makes it look like he is enjoying himself, he is much happier on a blanket on top of the grass. He crawls from one side of the blanket and as soon as he gets to the grass he turns around and crawls back. He always stays on the blanket and just does circles.
Photobucket
Griff and Dad playing with some sort of wonderful app on dad's phone. Doesn't Griffin look intrigued?
Photobucket
Luke army crawls like a mad man. He is super fast and goes straight for the dog food every time we put him down.
Photobucket
Griff still doesn't eat, but somehow I got him to eat a little bit of this muffin after he helped me stir them up.
Photobucket
We gave the boys their first bath together. This was a little scary for Luke and for me. But they both made it out alive and clean! Yay!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Marc and I went away for the first time leaving our boys with Cortney for TWO Whole Nights! A grand time was had by all. We went up Ogden Canyon and stayed at Wolf Creek. It was lovely. We enjoyed a morning jog (well, I enjoyed it, Marc got into some cockle burrs when he was off in the bushes, which was not so enjoyable) sitting in the hot tub, eating at unique & yummy restaurants, taking a nap, and seeing the Hunger Games.

We also visited a Monastery in Huntsville and got to hear the Monks chant. It was pretty awesome. We just went there for something to do. It was cool. I don't know why but I was surprised that they chanted in English. I mean, it makes sense, we are in Utah. I just thought it would be jibberish or something (I'm obviously ignorant when it comes to Monks and chanting.) They were chanting prayers and they were beautiful.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Since we didn't take any other pictures of our weekend, we pulled off the side of the road and took a picture of this waterfall.
Photobucket
Oh and one of us.
Photobucket
Oh, and I chopped my hair off this month. Apparently turning 30 wigged me all out and so I cut my hair because I wanted to look way older than I am. That's what I feel like this haircut has done for me anyway. Those crows feet around my eyes aren't helping me out either.

Oh, and the boys had a blast at Cort's. They played outside, went for a walk, Luke ate some dirt, Luke barfed up some dirt, yada yada, and they didn't even miss us!

My mom treated my sisters and I to Xanadu at the Hale Center Theatre. It was HILARIOUS! If you have seen the movie, it is terrible! Seriously, bad! But great to make fun of, which is what they did in this musical. My mom, sisters and I laughed until we cried (and maybe peed a little) it was that funny! I highly recommend it! I watched the movie on Netflix a few weeks before just to refresh my memory. So if you've seen Xanadu or you love the 80's or you love Olivia Newton John, or you love leg warmers and roller skates, or you love Greek Mythology, or you love boys in super short shorts go watch the movie and then go see the play. You won't regret it!
Photobucket
Always a good time with my favorite ladies! Thanks mom!
Photobucket

So there you have it. An update with pictures! Tada!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

March Madness indeed! You've been everywhere- 30 looks great on you and I think we all need some tube socks! Xanadu was my personal favorite play ever. It's do that again.

Paul or Lindsay said...

So great to see you this trip! And yes, you do 30 well! And after seeing your darling boys, maybe I can have as many kids as necessary to get a boy. They are that cute!

Torrey said...

Your boys are growing up so fast. You have to get a picture of Luke doing his plank. It's my favorite thing in the world. PS- Your hair looks amazing... don't you dare say otherwise. I LOVE the new cut :)