Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Queen



My adorable niece Taylor tried out for the Lehi Round-up rodeo queen today. I was proud to be part of her entourage (the hairdresser). Here are a few quotes from this morning.

Taylor: "I could never queen on regular basis."

Question: If you were on American Idol and could sing a song to your horse, what would it be?
Answer: "All I could think of was Love at Home"
Me: "Uh, that's a hymn."

Taylor: "Well, I've got my looks going for me!"



Shouldn't a queen have a servant to prepare the horses tail for her? Not this girl. She is a true, blue cowgirl!

After all of the preparation she was finally ready for the "modeling" portion. She also had to answer an impromptu question. She did a great job and looked beautiful! Missy made her skirt and it was amazing!


Horsemanship was next


And finally... she won! All Hail the Queen!


Congratulations Taylor!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taylor, You ROCK!
Great Blog Linds, Highly entertaining. I want to blog like you.

Thanks for taking us! We love to go with you.
XOXO!

Paul or Lindsay said...

Wow! She and Ruka look fabulous! I don't want to be rude or anything, but she looks way cuter than those attendants (I hope their families don't read your blog)! They must not have had their own personal seamstress and hair dresser! Way to go! (That's for you and Taylor!).

Cort said...

I can't believe how old she's getting! It's like I"m looking at Missy with dark hair!

Tiffany said...

I thought Taylor was 3 years old :) Congrats to her that is awesome!

Adam and Kristine said...

I am so glad that you started a blog. Your niece is way cute. Those towels you made are adorable. What does South stand for? This is Kristine Shelley's friend by the way. You can blog spy on my blog anytime.

Adam and Kristine said...

Is your last name South? That would make sense. I sound really dumb right about now.

Megan said...

WOW! How cool is that?! I can't wait to see Taylor at the rodeo this year! ps...her hair was beautiful!